The Letterbox Club in Scotland
The Letterbox Club in Scotland was launched following a pilot for 150 children in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverclyde, Aberdeenshire and Highlands.
Perth & Kinross Council's Lifelong Learning Convenor, Councillor Liz Grant said:
'It is particularly vital that the attainment and achievement of looked-after youngsters is raised and so the Letterbox Club is a fantastic addition to the other work we are doing to help ensure children and young people in our care have better life chances.'
The programme is now funded via subscription from individual local councils, schools or libraries. The cost per child is £145 (including VAT).
The following parcel sets are available:
- Letterbox Purple - for children aged 3 to 5
- Letterbox Orange - for children in P2, to follow them into P3
- Letterbox Yellow - for children aged 7-9 who are not yet reading independently. Maths materials focus on counting numbers of objects up to 10.
- Letterbox Blue - for children in P4, to follow them into P5
- Letterbox Red - for children in P6, to follow them into P7
- Letterbox Green - for young people in S1, to follow them into S2
If you would like more information about the Letterbox Club in Scotland, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View a short film about Letterbox Club in Scotland